Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Report from T+L 2006

This morning: busy cobbling together my presentation. I've left it rolling in the exhibtion stands area.

15:59 First chance to to sit down and blog in the conference. Several expressions of interest as to what a blog is, why would I use one in teaching.

The HoD popped in too to talk strategy.

Lots of other interesting stories around the conference. Smart (i.e. experienced) learners: Sophie Martin; Smart boards: Frederick Simons; big WebCT courses: Andrea Sella; multimedia plugins and HTMLW : an "academic markup language:" : Andrew Martin; Extending the cultural scope of foundation science courses: Chris Fenwick.

There's wifi in the room, so I can report that right now I'm listening to Sue Lightman talk about Interactive Voting systems in clinical teaching. Three students per handset seems to be right number to cluster around a single handset, based on the amount of noise that comes off the room.

16:10 Key Skills Agenda ... hmm pretty uninspiring. Something about wikis next, so I'll sit through this one. Ah there's a colleague, I wonder if she's noticed me?

No comments: