Wednesday, January 30, 2008

e-learning briefing at MSSL

Several staff at MSSL took time to hear me speak about my experiences with Moodle and e-learning generally, and also to re-introduce services provided by Information Systems. I think we made some headway into the general problem of best to use technology to support learning. Most undergraduate and Masters students are usually a long way away from where most of the teaching staff are, so it makes sense for us to be on top of the technology. As well as that, we (MSSL) are generally technically adept. However, beacuse of our remote location, we may forget about or never hear of activities and services at the centre. I'm hoping this will change. I also think our main challenges are not technological but to do with the culture of learning in physics classrooms.

No comments: